Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere to Private IP addressed Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

alguzman

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2003
US
I want to be able to access a workstation from home using PC Anywhere. Here's my current setup:

One Server with two NICs. One NIc used for Internet and the other for LAN. The Internet NIC is connected to a Netgear firewall box. We have ten workstations all using private Ip addresses.

I can access the server using PCAnywhere but can not access any of the workstations.

What do I have to do in order to access the workstations.

Your server with 2 NICs appears to be a proxy server running NAT for your private network. You will need to forward certain ports on your proxy server to allow incoming pcAnywhere to reach whichever workstation you need. Here's a link from Symantec's website regarding pcAnywhere and NAT:

Otherwise you can pcAnywhere to your server then from there pcAnywhere to whichever private machine you need to. I have never tried this personally, but I don't see why this wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back