Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere: "Can't reconnect to host PC again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

billcoke2

MIS
May 1, 2003
SG
Hi,

I've problem with my PC Anywhere set up at the host PC.

Why is it that whenever the dialup line between the host and remote PC is disconnected, the host PC's session automatically closes itself?

I want the host PC's session to remain active so that I can dialup to the host PC again.

Many Thanks

Hi there -
Go to the host that you want to configure - right click it and go to properties>settings. In the boxes 'after a normal end of session'and 'after an abnormal end of session' make sure that the 'wait for anyone' boxes are checked.

Kim Leece.

Have enabled that field, and the host doesn't auto cancel now. thks.

But now I've a new problem, after 1st successful dial-in, I can't dial-in again to the host pc, until the host PC is rebooted. I've tested on 3 different modems. Suspect the problem is at PC level. What do you think?

It sounds like your host modem is hanging online. Go back to the properties box and the connection info tab. Click on 'details' for the modem and then the connection tab - check the 'disconnect a call if idle for more than' - then set how many minutes to wait (probably one or two will be sufficient). This will automatically disconnect a session if you don't do anything with the pc for that amount of time - but it should also reset the host modem after the delay time when you have finished a session - which should mean that you only have to wait for the modem to reset by the number of minutes that you set it for before you can dial in again.

Kim Leece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back