Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

walkities

Technical User
Oct 4, 2004
CA
Currently working within an office that requires 9 to dial out but I need to select a line first before I do that. Is there anyway within PC Anywhere to do this? Ive got the dial 9 part done, just am unsure if its possible to have pc anywhere select a which line I would like to use.

How do you select the line normally? Do you have to push a button on the telephone or something?

Then I'm not sure if its possible. I've never used PCAnywhere myself, but I imagine there's no way to do this through the line. My advice would be to ask tech support if you can access a direct line in the PBX (if you have one) for this purpose. Or perhaps even ask them if they know a way, because I'm sure it will be specific to whatever exchange system you're company uses.

Don't take any of this as gospel, just sharing what I think I know!

Thanks for the reply, not overly a big deal, Im pretty sure you cant do it either but thought some of the gurus out there would know for sure. I have it installed on my home computer and do most my work out of there anyway so Ill just connect from there.

Thanks again.

I've just thought, it might work if you pick up the telephone, push a button to get a dial tone, and THEN tell PC Anywhere to dial. It shouldn't matter that the phone's off the hook, as long as the modem on the PC is plugged into the same socket with a double adapter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back