Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere - NO Desktop Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am trying the evaluation copy of PC Anywhere 10.5.

After connecting, a "desktop" screen appears. The PCAnywhere toolbar shows on top. There are no desktop icons on my blue screen. There is no taskbar on the bottom either.

Where did it go? I saw this last night for about 30 minutes. Then poof.

Along with my blue desktop screen, I am getting a box that says "Welcome to Windows, Windows Advanced 2000 Server." I also says press ctrl+alt+del to continue. CONTINUE? we all know what that combination does. [sad]

So I can transfer files, which I have sucessfully done. But that is about it.

I really hope that some one can help me. [bigears]
Please ask questions if need be.

You definately have a video driver problem. Try changing the color of your desktop. Try a different brand of PC with a different video card. Seem that most of these remote monitoring software want VESA or similar video bios.

If it doesn't work, try a previous version of pcanywere. Most likely will work.

[2thumbsup]

Okay, I was very reluctant about the video driver being my problem. I checked for updates a few times. The only update available was a couple of months newer than the one I had.

So I went for it. It made a complete mess of my display and somehow lost my monitor. (Went from 32bit to 12 colors) After correcting all of this mess. Restarting my computer about 10 times, etc.
[morning]

I was going to try to connect to PCA one more time before I was going to tell them where to go. Well guess what, YOU WERE RIGHT.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.

Trial and error does work. And even when you think you've got all the latest updates and drivers, you find out you really don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back