Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

amboman

Technical User
Jul 18, 2002
AU
I wonder if anyone can help me with a little problem. I have set up PCA 10.0 on machine(A) to act as a host. I can dial in from machine(B) and the RAS/PCA seems to pick up the call but then immediately times out. At the remote end (B) I just get a plain dos type box.

When I reversed the host/remote configurations machine(A) dialled out fine and logged onto machine(B) - So, the problem seems to be in machine(A).

I have removed and re-installed PCA and RAS, with no change - so it leads me to think it is because machine(A) modem is not acknowledging the call correctly. Do you think I am correct or is there something I am missing - although all setting seem to be the same on each machine.

Many thanks
Kym

Did you ever get your problem fixed? Sounds very similar to my question tht I just posted. I semm to be having the problem basically becasue of different versions of Windows and PCA.
jpoe93

jpoe93,

Nope - still working on it. I have changed the modem and the problem persists.

The computer is at my wife's medical centre. In addition to the modem we are trying to connect using PC Anywhere, there is also a modem through a router on the network.

There are also a couple of programs that access various pathology services, using the same modem as PC Anywhere and it has crossed my mind that possibly either these programs or the router could be interfering with PCA.

Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back