Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere installation problem with Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITLady

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2002
US
I have made several attempts to install PCAnywhere 10.0 on a windows 2000 workstation. Symantec suggested it was a bad installation. I followed Symantec instructions and check the registry to make sure the software was un-installed. I then did a re-start and shutdown again as Symantec suggested. I then attempted another install, it did not work either. Does anyone know if there is a known problem with PCAnywhere 10.0 and Windows 2000 and whether there is a work around? Any help is appreciated!

Not sure what to say on that one, I have had PC Anywhere 10 on my W2K PC and have since upgraded it to XP, with no problems.

Check Microsofts knowledge base, and if there isn't anything there, I would consider scrubbing the disk and re-image the PC.

sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back