Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC-Anywhere Host Validation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyfoxvt

MIS
Nov 13, 2002
US
I am unable to get Pc-Anywhere to log automaticly into my Windows 2000 Server. When I select the login authentication, and change it to either windows, NT, or ADS, the product seems to loginto pc-anywhere just fine, but not into the host server. Is there another level of login, or does PcAnywhere just connect with no validation, and then pass the host login information for the servers login, and pass the pre-set info?

What is you say...

Hello,

pcAnywhere will only authenticate it's own connection. Windows authentication of for Win9x systems, NT is well NT Domains, and ADS for Active Directory.

All the NT and ADS authentication does, which is good, is to allow you to use your already set up users for authentication purposes. The best method is to setup a pca group and add the users you want to have access through pca into this group. Then add the group in the caller identificaton window for pca access. All rights and permissions, policys and the like will automatically be applied to the pca connection.

The user will still have to log in to Windows if the system is not already logged in.

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back