Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere Host shuts down on ending session

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaulding

Technical User
Jan 10, 2001
US
I've got PC Anywhere V10.0 running on 2 Win98SE computers with a dialup connection between them. Works great, except...When I end the session from the remote computer, the host computer reboots. I've checked (and rechecked) the settings and I DO NOT have the "restart host" option checked for either normal or abnormal exit. I also do not have the cancel host option checked. Is there another configuration setting I'm missing? Right now this basically means I get one remote session before I have to physically revisit the host computer to restart the host which isn't exactly what I was looking for with this software. Any ideas or suggestions?

Check the settings on the HOST end. I suspect that this is where your problems are. It may be rebooting on disconnect because of the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back