Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere Host connection problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffers

MIS
Jan 8, 2003
GB
I recently installed a USB modem on a windows 2000 server. I am using PC Anywhere 10.5 and I can connect to sites without any problems but whenever anyone trys to connect to our host pc they can't.
The modem takes in the call and starts to transmit but the PC Anywhere Host waiting service doesn't respond.
Can anyone help me out?
Damien

Damien, is sounds like something else is answering the call. You can test this by having someone try to connect to your pc while the pcaw service is disabled. If the modem still answers you've got to find out what is answering it, and disable it. Make sure RRAS is not setup for incoming calls, and also any fax programs.

Dan

Thanks realised the problem fairly obvious now after youhelped me out the Pc I was trying to setup Pc Anywhere on was a mail server so it had RRAS running. Not a good idea to have a dial in on a mail server anyway so just set it up on another Pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back