Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere file xfer authentication in VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santor

Technical User
Dec 2, 2002
US
With the help of many of you we have successfully logged onto a remote PC with PC Anywhere using VBA. However when the VBA program attempts to start a file transfer PC Anywhere asks for authentication. How do I turn off the request for authentication or send this info to PCA?

Thanks
John

Santor, make sure the user that is logged into the host machine has permissions to the files you are trying to transfer, and also, make sure the host is on the latest version of PCAW (10.5). There was a bug in 9.0 that caused this message to popup.

HTH
Dan

Thanks Dan,
But it still does'nt work. Let me explain better
First we are running 10.5 on both ends.
However we do no want anyone to have to be logged in at the host end (due to power failure and auto reboots at night). We need to run unattended at night. Is there anyway to get around this authenication from the remote side or maybe a logon script which the host could start from the host properties/caller/privileges/"command to execute" ?

Thanks Again
John

John, I think I understand your issue - I have the same problem. I have written a full blown app to connect to a host using VB, get a list of files, pull them back to the remote and move them to an archive on the host. All works great.... as long as a user (any user) is logged into the host. If the Host is locked (as is the norm for a host), I can connect ok, but the logon box appears. If the user types *anything* in the username and password box and clicks OK, the software continues as normal as I haven't found a function yet in the AWREM32 object which allows me to validate the logon. Of course the ConnectionStatus at this stage, is successful but what I really need is some kind of method such as AWREM32.LoggedOn otherwise the host just needs to be left logged in and unlocked.

Nigel

Hi all
I am Useing vb.net can Somone of you please reply to me how to get started with pcAnywhere.

Thank You
Cgj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back