Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere 10.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodi

Technical User
Jun 26, 2002
US
I have the pc Anywhere loaded on my computer at the office and at home. I have ISDN connection in the office and DSL at home and I'm having trouble to connect the two PCS. I called my ISP at the office and they told me that I have a dynamic IP and that wass the problem. So they told me that they gonna setup two Public Ips for me. Also, they said something about the Port 41, I think that the one that PC Anywhere works.

My problem is, after they setup my public IP, What shold I do? Will it also fix the problem that I have to connect the Netmeeting?

Thanks

Rodrigo

Waiting for anwsers.

You will need to assign the Pcaw machine a private static ip addresses ex:192.168.0.1 (or whatever your lan uses) Then you will need to port forward TCP 5631 and UDP 5632 to that addresse. The forwarding is setup on your router. Then from you home machine you will use the static public ip address at your work (which is your router) and the router should then forward your request to the machine you have the pcaw waiting.

For increased security: if your home machine is on a static IP, only allow your home machine's IP to reach those 2 ports. this would be done on the router or firewall between your internal network and the internet.
-shabba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back