Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Angel Recovery - Can i delete it SAFELY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder850

Technical User
Jan 10, 2007
US
I bought a Gateway Laptop with Vista Premium on it, and theres a 10GB PC Angel recovery partition on it, if i just use Disk Management to delete this partition would this be safe? Has anyone deleted this partition before? What is the safest and best way to remove this?

Oh and im deleteing this partition to make room for a linux partition :)

please let me know if any more information is needed.

Thanks.

When you got your Laptop did you get a recovery disc that will allow you to re install vista fully if you lose the front end of your system.

The usual reason for the 10GB back drive is that if you were to lose the vista installation at the front you can carry out a full re install using the files that are on the back 10GB no back 10GB no system recovery.

The answer to you deletion of the 10 GB is yes

[cannon] [worm]
"Practice makes Perfect"
("la pratique rend parfait")
CPO rt'd RN

1) Wiping Out Special "Recovery" Partitions, Pt. 1

"Can I repartition my hard disk?" is a Help and Support program article which is accessible via the Start Menu.

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

"Yes. It's possible in this version of Windows to repartition your hard disk by using the Shrink feature in Disk Management. You can shrink an existing partition or volume to create unallocated disk space, from which you can create a new partition or volume".

Whatever you use to Resize your partition, these procedures are not without some risk, even though it is a very slight risk. Backup your valuable data first.

BootIt NG (see their resize options)

Virtual PC 2007 (perhaps is another option?)

schtek, yes i sure did get a reinstall disk, and ive repartitioned hard drives before, but i just didn't know if anyone had ever tried to remove an existing recovery, but now it looks like i can, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back