Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Admin 7.0.0.8 Will Not Connect Under XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirkenVogt

Technical User
Sep 14, 2004
US
I have 7.0.0.8 PC Admin on my computer, it used to work on this computer under ME. When I upgraded it to XP the modem would not work. I installed an older external modem and it works for other programs but PC admin will dial and connect to the system, but it waits about 15 seconds and then tells me it could not establish a remote access session. Then I tried with a new internal modem and it does exactly the same thing. Seems to me XP is not letting it talk right or something?

Birken

Hi Birken,
Don't feel bad. Mine worked great on XP until the uP went. New up, different speed and PC Admin is still broken (similar fault). It's been reinstalled with no joy. I have a call into tech support already. I'll report when they get back to me.
-Chris

Check your computer's port speed under device manager. Make sure it is no higher than 38K, default is 115K. The modem in the ACS is only 14.4, so too high a port speed will cause a less than robust connect and it will drop out easily and/or cause file transfer errors (gets to 98% and stops).

Hi 392,
The applicaton was working, port speeds were confirmed. uP change killed Remote Admin. Reinstall didn't fix it. Avaya tech support has not returned an answer yet. The only suggestion so far is to reinstall XP. Yeah, right.
Modem does handshake and drops the connection after a short while. Bet you the issue lies hidden in the darn registry.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back