Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBX to router pinout for PRI connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhananjayak

Technical User
Feb 22, 2006
DE
hi,

we are going to connect a PRI link B/W 11C to cisco router, pls tell the below pinout is correct

50 pin amphenol RJ 45
PBX side Router Side

23 -------> 1
48 -------> 2
24 -------> 4
49 -------> 5

Thanks in advance
San

It all depends what your router is expecting for TX and RX. You do have the pins right on the Nortel side though

911Guru

Try it that way if it does not work roll the transmit and recieve pairs.

On the RJ45 side roll pins 1 and 4 then 2 and 5.

your pins are right.. a csu rolls the pair.. so you may need to roll them back.. i am using a 25 pair amp on an opt 11 that is install local as a backup to the 81 c... if you short pair 23 to 24 the card should go green... a pri will come upm the d will estbalish then drop "wronge mode".. but it makes a good loopback test

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

why dont you use a bnc cable instead of the amphenol

i used the 25 pair switch tail because that is what i had at the time.. i could have ordeded one and billed the cust but i had to finish the install that day and have not had any problems that would suggest a layer one problem..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back