Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBX Messages sent to PMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schill13

Technical User
Jan 16, 2006
US
Below,
The PBX(MT) is asking the status(ST)of Room 1000, PMS(PT) acknowledges and Changes it in PMS, then it asks for status(ST)again of Cleared(CL) and PMS changes it to Cleared, Vacant Ready and this happened all in a span of 1 minute 15:21:28 to 15:22:32.
Front Desk sees in Host that's it cleared and checks the Guest into a Dirty Room.
Why would the PBX(MT) care of the status(ST) of this example of Room 1000 and PMS sees it as a send and changes the code of the Room? Why would PBX ask for a status(ST)?
It happens maybe once or twice a day and its random room each day, never same Room. Hotel is getting frustrated and ends up comping some of the Guests.
What would I need to change to prevent this from happening?

Thank you,

MT [STX]ST 1000 PR MI 0[ETX][BCC]15:21:28 (Cleaning in Progress)
PT [ACK]15:21:28
MT [STX]ST 1000 CL MI 0[ETX][BCC]15:22:32 (Cleared)
PT [ACK]15:22:32

Are you sure the cleaning staff is not punching in the codes?

Yes, I'm sure, its happening at all times 10pm, 4:30 am, 6am.
I did turn off Time Detect (attachment) yesterday under the options and haven't seen any room changes (ST) come through. Don't know if that's the fix. Wait and see.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=fcd762f1-6efa-4181-9c7e-5aeb478322bb&file=IMG_0272.JPG
The PBX is not "asking" for the status of the room. It is sending a status update to the PMS.
If you had DETECT turned on, and depending on the hours that were set, then whenever a room phone went off-hook then the Cleaning in Progress message is sent with a maid ID (MI) of 0. When the phone is hung up then the Cleaned message is sent.
So probably guests were simply lifting the phone and not dialing anything.
If the housekeeping staff aren't using the off-hook detection method for room status updates then you should be good to leave DETECT off.

7706 or 4436 have CNIA in the CLS. I don't know what the purpose of CNIA is - have never used it except that it kind gives a record of calls to and from that ext.
Looks like the PMS doesn't like it since it is sending NACK messages.

Thank you StanleySteamer for the help. There wer no Room Status Changes over the weekend, so by turning off Time- Detect in the OP of the PBX resolved the issue.
The ST-CI and ST-CT commands were rejected by the PMS so no room status changes were made from those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back