Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pbx maintenance issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetech2012

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
Hi, I have a 61c, RLS 24.25 that is running on one core only,(IOUD/C cards) and the active core has not done a datadump since 2009. I have a bit of a problem here, I am going to attempt to bring the other core online, I am pretty sure I am going to need to do a parallel reload.
How can I do this so I can have the active/current database preserved, and copied over to the other core, without already having today's database on the floppy?
I think there is an option to copy from the active core, but is that the current database?
I was thinking if I had to, I would bring the cores up without a database and then pump the sets in with OTM, then manually pump in the cdb, cfn, rdb..etc etc. Any thoughts on this would be a great help! Thanks.

I think I would reinstall the software on both cores and reinstall the database from floppy if that is an option.

When you reinstall the software on the broken core it will give you the option to copy the database from the active core. Been a while since I worked on an IODU/C

I cant use the floppy because the database on there is about 3 years old. When I try to do a edd I get edd024 tape id does not match system. I was thinking about that option to copy from other core, but I am not sure if that copies the current database. I don't think it will copy the current database since it is not dumped to the core. Thanks for the replies.

Just an update, my active core had a hardware problem after putting it into split mode,( it's been running for years and one flick of the switch fried it..?) so we had no choice but to reload and go back to the old database, which was not keycoded for isdn, so that was fun, and my first of many problems. After the keycodes went in, I had adan data corruption, dch data corruption, needed to wipe out the pointers in debug, now I have no talk path over 2 out of 3 pri's and still running on one core. I am waiting on another ioud/c card for the other side.
Any ideas why I might be having no talk path over my 2 pri's? I am going to try to swap out the dual pri card and test.
Thanks

The no talk path issue could be the Dual Port card or the 3PE. What loops are the ones that do and do not work? Maybe stat the Per Sigs, could one be disabled?

Good thought, per's are enabled. I swapped the dual pri and still had the same issue. They are in on loops 40 and 41 in group 1, I moved loop 40 to loop 11 and it worked fine. It's something with the group to group calls I think, internal calls work fine from group 0 to 1. I also tried to move it to loop 42 and 43 but can't get the dch to est now. This pbx was full of data corruption which we cleaned out, I think I still have problems. I did not try to swap out the ps or 3pe cards yet.

Your original post said this was a 61, I see now that it's an 81. That can make it way more complicated because you are dealing with either IGS or FIJI too. Make sure you didn't accidentally flip an ENB/DIS switch somewhere either on the 3PE, PS, or IGS/FIJI.

Yes it is an 81, my bad. I will check all my switches, but I would think I would have more problems if it was a switch, or ps, igs..? There are no fiji's on this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back