Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PBX IP address 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBB

Technical User
May 22, 2001
US
Does anyone know what the command is to change the IP address of the switch on a Definity G3SIv7?
Trying to get it on our network so we can use Telnet Terranova.

If I remember correctly from when I set mine up, you should be able to define an IP address under the 'change node-name' command. I am, of course, assuming you have the C-LAN card to install. After you've set the node-name you define the C-LAN location and node to use under 'change ip-interface'.

I notice you say change the IP address, as I'm sure you know, if you have one defined that's interfacing with another system you don't want to change it withough telling the other system. Another problem I've encountered is I haven't been able to telnet my switch using it's IP, it'll ping all day long and interfaces across the LAN to adjuncts but I can't get to it from my PC either using DSA or just straight up telnet. If there's a way and I'm missing it I'd appreciate a heads up.

maxg - Sounds like you do not have any ip-services setup.
Type in displ ip-services to see.

maxg - I had the same problem, and after talking to several Avaya techs I was told to set DSA to port 5111 (instead of the default 23/24) and now it works great! It's much faster than using a datamod and I connect throughout my network.

Just out of curiosity - but what release is your Definity on? I seem totally unable to connect over ip using either port 23/24, 5111 or any other number of ports with DSA. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a G3siV8 and am experiencing the same thing, no matter how I configure the DSA I get nada. The word from Avaya is that I have to buy V9 to get it done but I was really hoping there was a work around.

I'm on R9. I was told by my install tech that the IP admin feature was disabled in R8 due to security concerns...

Yup - R9 is the min. compatible version from what our rep tells us too.

The UDP port you connect to is set on the "change ip-services" screen. It MUST be within a specific range (press the help key while in that field for range), you CANNOT use the default 23 for telnet.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back