Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PB7 datawindow saveas function to Excel cannot exceed 255 characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

joechan

Programmer
Jun 29, 2005
HK
Hi all,

I tried to export data from a datawindow to Excel using SaveAs function and found that first 255 characters can be exported when the column size is over 255.
I tried to split the columns and merge it using OLE automation but the performance greatly decreased.
Any suggestion to solve either one of the issue?

I am currently using PB7 and SQL Server 2000

Thanks,
Joe

Hi,
i recetly had the same problem. I noticed that if the column > 255 on the DB, the datawindow retrieves only the first 255 char.

The solution i found is to convert the column type to text. You must disable and enable the column in your datawindow again, and it should be ok.

Thanks reevda. I tried to change the column type to text but still not succeed. I repainted the dw as well.

I also tried to use saveas in different format. use Text! parameter >255 char can be exported.

I found the type in dw for the text column displayed "char(4099)", is it the same in your case?

I use a grid dw, not a freeform (can't read format).
But if i use a freeform, the type is "char(4099)".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back