Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PB10 and Oracle 11g

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcneelyd

Programmer
Apr 11, 2014
US
I have a PB10 application that I have connected to an Oracle 11g database. The application compiles correctly, and will run from the PB workspace. But, when I deploy the .exe file it does not open. This application is a migration from PB9 and Oracle 10g. The application works fine in the previous environment. Not sure what I'm missing here?

Good questions, Matt.

No messages appear. I just get the revolving hour glass for a couple of seconds and then it simply disappears.

As for the drivers, I have Oracle 10g driver installed, but not 11g. The puzzle is I can run the app from PB and it functions just as it should. It's only the executable that is not working.

Thanks for your help.

Dennis

When you run the executable do you have the drivers/dlls/etc in the correct path locations so they are accessable to the exe?

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

In addition to DLLs, do you have your PBD files in the correct location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back