Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PB 9 and Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeetz1

Programmer
Nov 28, 2000
US
I'm running PB 9 (desktop) on a Vista and XP service pack 3 computers. I'm trying to insert a OLE control from the Insert control tab. After selecting this I get a system error. Is there a work around for doing this.

Thanks in advance
Jerry

I've had the same problem trying to insert OLE (3th tab) with powerbuilder 5.0.0.4, while with pb10 everything works fine.

I've been reading about people using regmon to track the last / previous call that went 'well' and then add path specifications to ocx / dlls in the windows registry.

In my case in the crash dialog 'details' I was told it was the msvcrt.dll and have deinstalled 10 and 5 of powerbuilder. then reinstalled 5 with all the patches and still crashes.

check if You have the latest patches/fixes/EBF's installed for powerbuilder. you can check at if there's a never version. do a "search" for "powerbuilder 9 EBF" since it seems more dificult to access ebf's for older versions.

Miguel

regards,
Miguel L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back