Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PB 8.0 App - Sybase Product File error shuts down app after retrieve

Status
Not open for further replies.

hijklm

Programmer
Jul 13, 2005
US
I am working on converting a PB 8.0 application from using an Informix 9 DB on an HP 9000 server to using an Oracle 10g DB on a SUN SOLARIS server.
I have run into an error that I have not been able to trace to a line of code. It happens after a retrieverow PB function runs but happens after it has completely executed all code between the if and end if. Here's the code:

retrieverow(long row) returns long for dw_1 of w_master_browse_report

If w_progress.cb_cancel.cancel=True Then
Return 1
Else
w_progress.wf_progress(Row / select_count,"Retrieving "+program_description+" Data, Item "+Trim(String(row))+" of "+Trim(String(select_count)))

End if

It seems that there may be something going on in the background that I am not aware of but I can't step into it using the debugger. After the "end if" the cursor goes to the top of the routine and then the error happens when I click the debugger step-into icon again. The error is a Sybase Product File error and completely shuts down the application and PB 8.0. Error details indicate that pbvm80.dll may have caused the error.
Could the problem be with the retrieve code for the DataWindow? I have had to modify the retrieve code so it doesn't use a bind variable named ":rowid" since Oracle does not like that.
Does anybody have any ideas or information that might help me get to the bottom of this? The only thing I can think of is converting to PB 10.0 and updating the .dll to a later version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back