Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pb 7.0.3 -> Windows 2003??

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stpoint

Programmer
Aug 19, 2004
US
We are upgrading our server to Windows 2003 and want to know if Powerbuilder 7.0.3 is supported on that platform.

Thanks.

PowerBuilder 7 is not "supported" at all any more. The Sybase End-of-Life for PowerBuilder 7 support was July 15, 2003. So Sybase no longer certifies it for any version of Windows. (FYI, the End-of-Life for PowerBuilder 8 support is April 2, 2005).
As to whether your application will run under Windows 2003, the answer is: It depends. If it's a basic client/server application (not a distributed app), uses only basic external API calls, and does not use a lot of third party DLLs, then it will probably run OK. Otherwise you will probably run into a lot of trouble. The bottom line is, if it doesn't work, Sybase will not help you resolve the issues unless you upgrade to a later version.

Thanks for your information. The current version of PB is 10. Is it a pretty clean migration to go from 7 to 10?

I have not tried to migrate any application to PB 10 yet, but I have migrated applications from PB 6.5 to 9 without any trouble. I don't think you should have any trouble but maybe someone else who as done such a migration can relate their experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back