Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PB 6.5 and DDDW based on view over db link

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyMcA

MIS
Oct 6, 2005
IE
I have a dddw based on a database view and it has been working perfectly for years. Recently I have had to change the source of the data behind the view such that data is now retrieved from another database via a database link (i.e. replaced the description of view but no actual coding change made to my PB application). When I go into my main window and click the dddw, all the required data is there but if I click to choose an item from the dddw it is being picked up as a null value - it appears that the data is visually there in the dddw but that it is no longer in memory???

Is the 'data' column of the dddw still being populated by the new data source?

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time

Thanks for responding.
Yes, the dddw is being populated from a new source (on another database),the data is in the same format as previous data, the only difference being that the data is situated on another database and being accessed via database link (accessed by defining a view across the database link).
dddw was originally say
select surname from table1.staff

The data source moved to another database so I created the following
create view table1.view_staff as (select surname from othertable.staff_info@database_link);

The source behind the dddw was changed then from table1.staff to table1.view_staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back