Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PayPal Buy Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPYDERIX

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
CA
Hi there,

I am trying to create a simple paypal buy now button to renew memberships on our website. The user has to be logged in and the system auto generates a random string for the session which I then want to pass to paypal via their buy now buttons and then have paypal give it back so I can authenticate and finalize the renewal. You'd think this would be an easy thing to do but I can't figure it out. Every article I seem to find on google is either outdated or vague. The most common re-occurring thing I find is that pass through variables are allowed and to do code like so in the paypal button
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="' . $_SESSION["random"] . '">

That's easy enough but on the paypal site on Step 3 for adding advanced variables there doesn't seem to be a way to reference this variable I sent in the first place. First off their own site has a broken link and secondly when I do any variable and enter the success page no variables seem to be passed.

I was hoping it could add this variable back to the success URL which I would in turn use $_GET or $_POST to read it and go from there but nothing seems to work.

I know this question isn't strictly PHP related nor strictly HTML related but has anyone done this recently with any success??? There are way too many articles that reference this is somehow possible but no examples how to specifically do it. Thanks.

NATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back