Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pay scale question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrToad6378

Technical User
Oct 7, 2002
US
Question about pay scale. I have worked on the following for about a year, ICM, Cisco Collaboration and about 5 years working knowledge of Nortel PBX 11c through 81c and Nortel Symposium. I have the following training under my belt, ICM Boot Camp, ISN Deployment and Advanced IPCC Scripting and some Nortel. What do you think I should ask for, as far as pay? A company with that same configuration has made an office that I think should be 10k higher. The Nortel equipment will be going away in about 12 months. Any thoughts would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Guys/Gals,

I have seen the market go from bad to worse, to non existant, to stable to fantastic.

In all this time all the management who make descisions kept to their normal salary brackets. They control the market, you got to sell yourself at the price you think you are worth.

Its not our fault we have no trade unions, nothing compensates for the extra time you put in for studying, the experience you bring to the table etc.

When you start the job you might have to deal with the politics to make sure you will be happy with what you ask for. If you are not happy you will not reach your potential, in saying this - sometimes you will be too expensive for the company that is interviewing you.

One more thing to consider, a job that undervalue's you is a lot better than no job at all ;)

Why not pitch somewhere in the middle? Ask for 5k more, or maybe try and negotiate a deal that pays you 5-10k more based on performance.

Good luck;)

I work for myself - my website is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back