Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pavilion 6630 XP sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a Pavilion 6630 running windows XP with a Rockwell 56k PCI modem/sound card combo. I installed the ripnaw2k.exe driver and now the modem works fine. I am having problems with sound though. When the computer boots up there is crackling and hissing noises, these noises are also present once the computer has fully started. I presume this is a riptide sound driver fault? Where can I get new sound drivers and how do I intall them?

You'll have to get Riptide drivers from HP. That junk is so proprietary, no other drivers will work.
I know this isn't YOUR model number, but these are HP's latest Riptide drivers:
Click on the Driver->Modem link. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Hi, me again, I opened the file for the link above. I run the .exe file and it says that it will not install it!!

Help

crackling & hissing eh?

easily fixed.

Go to the volume control, and make sure the "Wave" device is visible (if its no go options, properties , and check off wave"

now take the wave slider and put it around 5% (that's right, just above the bottom, 5%)

Next, take the phone line out the modem and put it in the other spot (labeled "Line" not "Phone")

That should be it.
(u may still hear a bit during the welcome screen, but thats about it)

BTW, i think u were trying to install the win98/me drivers, if u go to the win200 section of Comtech's link, it'll just take u back to someplace familiar... :)

I have installed Rockwell Riptide Sound Card Windows NT 4.0 I need Driver For it. Where should i get it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back