Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pausing the lasso tool too long for detail work

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcaluna13

Technical User
Nov 21, 2006
US
Hi,

I never noticed this prior to CS3...

When I use my lasso tool to create a curved region to simulate a semi-circle around an object (logo for instance) I get this "white-out mode" where the entire image goes away. I'm left with my lasso lines on a white background and my complete design that I'm tracing disappears.

This only seems to happen when I pause too long to get the semi-circle just right. If I move along quickly, it doesn't occur.

I could use the circle object to create a smooth edge and distort it with "transform" to get the desired effect, but sometimes it's just easier to use the lasso tool to create a distorted round object.

Does anyone know if this is part of some special function? Or perhaps a software glitch?

Thank You,
G.

...never heard of such a thing, certainly doesn't do that here, try updating to 10.01 if not already done so, or trash the photoshop settings and preferences, sounds like a glitch to your running copy to me...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back