Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pause script to wait for modal screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold25

Programmer
Feb 11, 2002
US
Hi. The script I'm writing launches a program that performs an action that takes a bit of time. This time can vary, depending on what is selected earlier in the script. After the action is performed, a modal box pops up for the user to decide wether to perform the action again, or quit. I'm looking for a way to make the script wait until this modal box pops up for the user, before continuing on through the remaining script code.

Should I be looking to use some kind of method, such as the Exists method to try to check for the text in the modal box's title bar, or would something else work better? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
cold25

there is an AppActivate method, this might help you. perhaps you can sit in a loop for a certain amount of time checking for AppActivate("My Title") to return 0
all sounds messy though ;-)
autoit has some reasonable functionality on waiting for windows to pop up and dealing with them when they do

Thanks for your answer. I shall try to set up some sort of loop with AppActivate for now. What is this "autoit" you mentioned, and where might I find out more information about it?
cold25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back