Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pattern question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdy

Technical User
Oct 9, 2002
US
I have made a pattern of stripes to place inside a selection. I would like for the stripes to appear at a 45 degree angle, but am not sure how to achieve this. I have searched for an answer to my question, but have not had any luck so far. Thanks in advance for the help

Hi jdy, so have you created a Pattern Swatch and then filled an object with that pattern?

If so you can now rotate the pattern by opening the drop down menu in your transform pallete and selecting Transform Palette Only, then use the Rotate option in the Transform Palette to change the angle of the pattern.

Sorry, the above post should have read:

...selecting Transform Pattern only...

Holy heck, I thought this was the Illustrator forum!!!

Forget that whole advice jdy.

Jeez...I've either gotta stop drinking heavily...or start.

Copy the stripe pattern, make your selection then use the 'paste into' command. This will turn the selection into a mask - see photoshop 'help' for masks - and the stripes will now be masked(not visible) outside the area covered by the original selection.

Now, click on the chain icon in the Layers palette, and select the thumbnail that represents the stripes(the other thumbnail is the mask and will be the same shape as the selection), and transform (CTRL+T)the layer and enter the 45 degree value in the tool options at the top o' the screen.

To link the mask to the layer just click between the thumbnails in the layers palette.

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back