Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

paths for PC and Mac. all : and \ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

styleBunny

Technical User
Jun 20, 2002
AU
Hi folks

I have a stub projector which loads a movie in a sub folder thusly; "dswmedia\menu.dxr" This works fine on PC.

This works fine on pc, sure, but when I created a mac projector it says it can't find the menu.dxr. I replaced the \ with : so i was targeting like so "dswmedia:menu.dxr" but still i have no love :( I'm practically clueless with Macs, is there any fundamental things missing from my Mac targeting path?

Cheers,
Paul.

All these should work:
--
go movie "dswmedia:menu"
--
go movie "@:dswmedia:menu"
--
go movie the moviePath & "dswmedia:menu"
--

By the way you don't need to use "dswmedia" directory unless you're testing Shockwave movies on the local machine.

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for thoes i will give it a try. Thanks also for the heads up on dswmedia.

Perhaps you can tell me the mac alternative to autorun.inf?

Cheers
Paul.

There's no autorun.inf in Mac, but if you want to make an auto-start CD for Mac you can do so using Toast (Mac CD burning software).

However, the auto-start feature can be turned off in the QuickTime settings and many Mac users do so to avoid virus infection. Also you cannot do auto-start under OS X - not easily at least.

I wouldn't worry too much for Mac auto-start; generally Mac users know how to use CD-ROMs very well!

Macromedia article on this subject:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back