Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Path problems in ZFD 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provogeek

MIS
Sep 4, 2002
US
I'm setting up ZFD 4 poof of concept for a client using Win2k SP2 for both my Midtier and Backend server. I have eDirectory 86 installed onto both servers with no NetWare servers in the mix. I have most of the features setup and running but I have a few monor problems I have not been able to figure out. All my issues seem to be path statment problems.

NAL over the web
In application deployment over the web I get the error;
ZENworks Middle Tier Server failed to return file vitals for application [appobject.zfd.zfd]

Problem Unable to copy file [\\backend\share\app\fildir\1.fil] (D108)

I have found TID 10075446, but it did not help. My midtier server is authenticated to the backend server and does have a drive mapping to the share that holds the FIL files. I am not running any domain or AD on the 2K servers, just NDS.

Imaging
I have PXE imaging up and running and it works like a champ, manually. I have not been able to get an automated dump of an image to work. In my image object I have the correct server name and the right path. PXE has no problem getting info from the proxy server to know that it needs to download an image and starts the Linux kernel download, but when ever the Linux imaging engin starts to download the image, it fails.

any input is appreciated
Brent Schmidt CNE,Network + [atom]
Senior Network Engineer
[rofl]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back