Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Path Problem on Back Up Exec for Windows Server 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2005
US
My backups routinely fail because of paths on my servers that say, "Access denied to xx\xx\xx" where x is the UNC path to the folder or invalid directory name. Here's my problem I understand that 1.) Access Denied is a permission issue but the backup is being performed by Domain Admin permission and the share and security permissions are listing access by that permission and 2.) the invalid directory name doesn't come up when I go into the properties tab for the schedule under the 'Selections' button. I call Symnatec/Veritas and tell me I have to work out my permission issue and leave me blowing in the wind.

Any suggestions guys? I have deselected the folders that are calling the back up to fail but and luckily they aren't mission critical but if this re-occurs in a mission critical folder I won't know what to do and it still doesn't resolve my invalid path issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back