Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Path Name Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Store300

Technical User
Apr 5, 2001
GB
Help! Some bright spark is moving our server and we have to change any UNC references (//Server name/path.....) to 'drive letters' 'G:\Path.....'.

I've inherited a suite of db's which have UNC's all over the place (modules, forms, you name it, its got it).

Does anyone have a (relatively) easy way of seeking these out so that I can be sure that I won't miss any? Store300

Store300@ftnetwork.com

If the incorrect paths are stored in either modules or class modules you can run a find & replace. One of the options is to search the current procedure, current module or entire database. In theory, this should sort out any references to paths in your code. As for any references made in records, I think you will just have to open each table & again run a find & replace on the relevant tables/fields...... James Goodman
j.goodman00@btinternet.com

Store,

Don't change the UNCs to drive letters. Different people may have different mappings. Change the old UNCs to the new UNCs.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back