Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

path for the sqexplain.out

Status
Not open for further replies.

retroman

Programmer
Feb 18, 2001
SG
Anybody know where the default path for the sqexplain.out
when the SQL stmt is run from SQL Editor?

Hi:

From the Informix Guide to SQL, SET EXPLAIN:

"If the client application and the database server are on the same machine, the sqexplain.out file is stored in your current directory.

When the current database is on another machine, the sqexlain.out file is stored in your home directory on the remote host. If you do not have a home directory on the remote host, the progroam stores sqexplain.out in the directory from which the database server was started"

Ed
Schaefer

Hi

Thanks for the note. So in my case, i am in the second scenario. I have a home dir defined but when I try running SQL stmt with SET EXPALIN ON from SQL Editor on Win 98 machine. I don't see the result of the SET EXPLAIN being stored in the sqexplain.out? Did i missed out anything?

retroman:

Sorry I'm a unix guy. I have no experience with on Informix on the other side. The only obvious guidance I can give is do a global search for the sqexplain.out file.

Regards,

Ed
Schaefer

Hi

I did that and I believe sqexplain.out is in the /HOME dir. Just wonder why the result of SET EXPLAIN ON doesn't append into the file when it is running from SQL Editor. I tried in Unix, it worked. Could it be a bug in IUS 9.14 (on Irix 6.4) or SQL Editor 4.0 (on Win 98 client machine)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back