Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Patching via PDT 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2002
US
I have a patch I need to load via PDT into /u/loadware from floppy on CMDU. Once in PDT mode anyone know how to copy the patch from the CMDU floppy to the HD on the CMDU /u/loadware?

Thanks

you can load the patch by using a terminal program patch directory is c:/u/patch for big system

if you need I can send you procom plus terminal program

when in pdt go to the floppy directory ie f0,f1 do a ll.
do a copy f0/file /u/patch
do a pload file name
do a pins "handle"

That is INCORRECT FOR LOADWARE.

Loadware is installed specifically into c:/u/loadware for the 11C and /u/loadware in the large platforms. It is a good idea to load it on each side, and is actually a requirement on CPP systems.

You must regenerate the PSDL.REC file after you load the loadware patch (there are different commands than the normal patch commands), and then the system must be rebooted to take effect.

Forget about an INI, if you want it to load clean, SYSLOAD it.

One more thing on the PSDL.REC generation, it can take up to 10 to 15 minutes on the larger switches, and 45 minutes on the 11C to generate this file. If you reboot before it's done, you will screw yourself up big time! --
Fletch

sureyyaayce, could you email the procomm program

tia
buzz859

hi
you can even upload the file from any normal terminal emulator( ex: hyperterminal) if u have the patch file on the PC.
1.Login to the PDT console
2.go to the directory where u wanna copy the file.
3.run the rx command with the file name.
3.The PBX starts waitin for the file
4.Now send the file using the Xmodem protocol from the Terminal emulator.
5. This should copy the file sucessfully.
6.I used this method to upload the Corporate directory
Thanks
manoj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back