Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Patching issue 400 rel 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmawbey

Technical User
Oct 16, 2001
GB
Hi i have a brand new 400 release 4 out of the box, i need to use the hard drive to replace a faulty one in another box,,, i have installed the old backup and that has taken ok..but i cannot patch it, i have unzipped the su to a folder then browsed to it but i get an error /bin/cp any ideas why it wont see the SU ?????

I have had this happen before. You should patch the system first, then restore the backup. The problem is that the data you restored is based on a newer core release than the old hard drive so now it can't load patches to compare data. I would take out the old data and re-init the whole machine, try to patch and then do a restore.

Hi rheusdens

thanks for the fast reply... i have done as you suggest, and removed the backup, then rebooted the bcm, but still getting the same error when i try to add the SU,,, any more advice... thanks

I would say re-image the hard drive using the BIT tool.

make sure that you are using the latest release of Element Manager.

Re imaged the hard drive but used a nice piece of software called Acronis v11,( using the sector by sector option ) much much easier than the BIT tool. patched ok then restored a backup,, fitted the drive then loaded the LIC file and all is now working fine

Question for Gibblett I never heard of the Acronis where can I get that? Sounds great
Thanks in adavance

Deathbyphone, it is a comercially produced piece of software you will find it here

look for aconis 2009 v11 or v12

you will then need a unprogrammed disc with a day one image on it, then use this software to image it, you will then be able to reimage any 40 or 80meg drive, it also works for bcm50, well any disc imaging really...

I work with Gibblett and have done a few FAQ's on this topic for the BCM 50 and 400 Acronis imaging. The full word doc version for the BCM 50 can be found at the link below.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back