Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Patch for version 8.0 and higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbltt25

MIS
Nov 29, 2000
US
I have recently upgraded my version of crystal reports to 8.5. However, with the upgrade I could not longer see my data (dbase). So, I have downloaded the patch dated 12/13/01. The patch has the normal wording of "WARNING: do not deploy this patch in production environment without further testing in a development (testing) environment. While this patch has not been through a full QA regression test cycle, etc..."

My question is: does anyone know if this patch plans on gettting incorpated into the next version of crystal report and when that is scheduled to release? My developers are not comfortable incorporating this patch into our software. However, I really want to start writing reports against this new version.

Does anyone know the status of this patch being officially released?

Most likely, there will be a new version of Crystal Reports released in the Spring of 2002...no details are as yet available, and I'm not going to speculate as to what is, and what is not included in the latest version. I'm still using Version 8.0. Also, we still use Access 97 here...and we aren't rushing to upgrade everything as new products emerge. We are saving money, and are being cautious with upgrades & updates, both in-house, and at distantly located customer/client locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back