Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Patch for call pilot vocie mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephoneboy

Technical User
Dec 24, 2002
US
I need to find the patch for a call 150. The patch apearently fixes a lot of issues. My issues are with the VBK file being imported to greeting. I have spent hours on this thing and have determined I need a patch to fix it. Infortunatly I am getting the run around from my vendors. CallPilot 3.1 100/150 Build 31.10.23.22 (MR)
Note: a CP150 running release 31.10.14.22 - the most common 3.1 release in the field.However there is a bug in this release in that you can't upload prerecorded announcement messages into the system - and I have this type of announcement ready to load - acoustic coupling doesn't do it justice.The problem was reportedly resolved with the 31,10.23.22 maintenance release, but Avaya is being a royal PIA about releasing a copy of the patches to me for some reason. It isn't as if ther're still manufacturing the device, after all.Does anyone have the update (in full) that they can zip and send?I really would like to get the files into the box. Thank you ahead of time for you help in this matter.

Sincerely, thephoneboy

No such thing as a patch, more like software upgrade builds.

I did not know there was a bug, guess I was lucky not to experience issue.

However it is finicky

You save as a WAV with your recorder per below specs then convert using the CP player to VBK

CallPilot 100/150 allows you to import a maximum of 10 minutes of greetings, prompts, or names. The size of the .vbk file cannot exceed 470 KB.

Save recording file as
• Bit Rate - 8 KHz
• Audio sample size - 16 bit
• Channels - 1 (mono)
• Audio format - PCM

Note that it's a hit an miss when using microsoft windows media player to save files , I found using Roxio worked best.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Curly thanks for your response. I have a professional recording it plays fine thru call pilot player. It even recorded fine to a greeting in one of my call pilots. But the call pilot at issue will not allow the same recording or any recording from Call pilot player. After review with so many tech support folks. The pointedme to this link and told me I need this to fix my problem with my version software level.

Voice Mail Version: 31.10.14.22
Phone system version: 21231213

I thought they told me it was a maintenance patch ofr firm ware. I will tell you I am spinning my wheels on this thing. My custoemr is willing top pay what ever it takes. If you have any interest of help remotly.

What ever the case thank you for your attempt to help a fellow Nortel tech.

Sincerely, thephoneboy

What you need to do is just purchase the latest and last software card from your vendor: 31.10.36.22

You keep the card to upgrade all your clients.
Just charge them an upgrade fee plus labour.

Upgrade procedure in in our FAQ's as well.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thank you sir that is A GREAT IDEA. Thank You

Sincerely, thephoneboy

Sorry 1 more question. If I upgrade software via proceedure in FAQ do I lose my key code for mailboxes and enhanced acd? Thank you and God Bless!

Sincerely, thephoneboy

Nothing lost doing an upgrade if all done correctly.

It's always a good idea to backup the system using the BRU utility found on the CD that came with the CP.

Should it crash then you restore, if the you do not have the original key codes handy then have the key codes recovered by KRS access as I don't think they are backed up.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back