Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pasting Text into PowerPoint as Unformatted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jjane45

Technical User
Jun 18, 2003
DE
After updating from Office 2000 to 2002, I'm really troubled by the way PowerPoint 2002 handles pasted text.

When pasting from Notepad, I expect the text to come in unformatted, that is, pick up the characteristics of existing PowerPoint textframe. But it just adjust automatically to the default font size, forcing me to use Paste Special every time.

Also, when pasting a slide into another presentation, it loses its original background, such as full page image and becomes white. The only solution I found out was to use Format Painter..... #$%$#@%

Can I setup the preference for pasting anywhere in PowerPoint? Thank you in advance!!!

Ain't XP a kick in the teeth sometimes... Unca Bill is just trying to hep ya dangit and all you can do is complain!!

<GRIN> See the scarcasm in there... XP sure is a learning curve. Have coworkers beta testing 2003... I can wait.

I refuse to upgrade to XP.. I love my 2000 :)

Paste Special and cross your fingers.... there's not a whole lot of control in PPT. Wait til you have to work to Org Charts.... you'll go bald... trust me, I hate 'em.

Wish I had a better solution but alas, I've got no more....

Laurie

Thanx a lot Laurie
First of all sorry for turning your down but I refuse to go bald... @T#%@$ I'll NEVER have to work with org. charts, I promise you ^^
Well, I can't go back to PowerPoint 2000 now because Office 2002 does have some other good features that I depend on now. So far I just worked around. Let's put the hope on next release of Office then~~~~

He is good and He is my Lord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back