Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paste Clipboard Image into Powerpoint Slide

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlingo

Programmer
Nov 19, 2001
US
I've designed a PowerPoint slide for an application. However, I'm having problems with the last step. The future user of this application will be pasting an image into the clipboard from another application. Then the Powerpoint file will be ran, information entered, and finally the image pasted into the presentation. I want to paste this image into the presentation automatically, but have been unsuccessful in doing so. Can anyone suggest what I should use to paste the image into (placeholder, textbox, clipart, etc.) and how I can go about pasting the clipboard image into the suggested object. Thank you!

try using directly Paste

smth like : (into the 10th slide)

Dim oPP As PowerPoint.Slide
Set oPP = PowerPoint.ActivePresentation.Slides(10)
oPP.Shapes.Paste

I've tried this approach, but the problem is that the image is centered on the slide, and if it is too big it covers the information already on the slide. I need to define a set area for the image to be pasted into by using some box (text, clipart, placeholder, etc.). I don't know which one would be the most ideal. Then I need to do an automatic paste into that box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back