Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passwords 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
James33

Thanks , I've read the FAQ and it has helped me.

I was wondering does the TrueSync Desktop and TrueSync Plus come with SDK98?

I use SDK97, if I try to Sync I get a diaglogue box stating i need to contact Starfish to add-on the Sync capablity.

I may just re-install SDK97, I may have missed the Sync install.

I am interested because I have aquired a palm and i would like to sync my SDK data with the palm

Thanks
"The Doc"

Dear Doc,
If your version of SDK97 doesn't come with TruSync you can, as you saw from that Link above, get a copy of SDK98 which I would suggest is best if you wish to retain your
Card Logs/Contact Logs.
This is because SDK99 Doesn't have them except on an early version and the download certainly does not have them.

First you will have to register your version of SDK97 and then you will get a Password to access all of the Starfish site.

There is a procedure for loading TruSync the Pilot Desktop and the Palm Accessor and I suggest you use the Starfish site to find the correct way:
REMOVE THE GAPS FROM THE LINK and paste it into your Browser.

std_adp.php?p_sid=CyzAskag&p_lva=010512-000021&p_refno=010529-000028&p_created=991163186&p_ sp=cF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTE2JnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9JnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9MyZwX3Byb2Rfb HZsMT04JnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9fmFueX4mcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=

If you check the Search Help at the top of the page or just search for
Sidekick 98 and All categories
You will get a list of the FAQ's relevant to TruSync etc.
see also: faq807-1241
If you need any more help, come back to this Thread and I will leave email notification on so I will hear if you do
Regards Jim

Does anyone know how to delete the password in SideKick 98? I created a password, forgot it and now can't get in to my data. Is there a file I can delete, or some other work-around? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Passerby,
its 21:30 if you can give me a few minutes I'll check
Regards Jim

Dear passerby,
First of all be VERY VERY CAREFUL

Start|Run|Regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE|SOFTWARE|Sidekick 98|version 1|PASSWORD

Highlight password and go to:
Registry|Export registry File and check the Branch at the bottom refers to the Password Branch
SAVE IT TO THE DESKTOP AS A FILE NAMED PASSWORD

in the right pane there is a name
pswd
Highlight that name and delete it
then exit Regedit.
When you next start Sidekick it will have a blank/Greyed out password box and 2 Boxes to enter and confirm your new password, I would suggest (Strongly) that you enter a
very simple one
Once Sidekick is running
go to Tools|Preferences|General
and untick the box that says Password at startup
As I said before be very careful in the registry
any problems just DoubleClick the Registry Backup on the Desktop and you are back to what you were at the beginning.
If all goes well just delete the backup PERMANENTLY.
HTH
Regards Jim

Dear Frustrated passerby,

IMPORTANT IMPORTANT
When you are back in Sidekick make sure you click the password button in
Tools|Preferences|General
and then enter your password and leave the new password Text boxes empty.
Ok that and then make sure
password at startup
is not ticked
Regards Jim

Thank you very much Jim. I'm going over to our church at lunch, where the errant computer is located, and try your fix. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me out.

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back