Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passwords won't save!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuck95

Technical User
May 21, 2002
US
Here is my problem. I go the a website and enter my user name and password, the window pops up and asks if I want to save my password. I click yes and move on. I come back to the website and normally I just double click on the ueser name and the list comes up. There is nothing saved, I have to enter it every time, and every time it asks if I want to save the password. This also happens in outlook express, the box is checked to save the password and I still have to enter it every time. Any ideas?
Chuck Berg
Performance Telecom

chuck@performancetele.com During Hours
me@chucks-web.com After hours

Do you have "cookies" disabled in Explorer?

Thanks smah. That fixed the problem.....that Dougknow knows his stuff. Talk to you later.

Chuck Chuck Berg
Performance Telecom

chuck@performancetele.com During Hours
me@chucks-web.com After hours

I'm having difficulty with an XP Pro OEM installation where DUN seems intent on not retaining saved passwords. Are these passwords saved under this "Protected Storage System Provider" key?

Reid

Krap. It didn't work. Client for Microsoft Networks was disabled, so I uninstalled it, rebooted, installed it, and enabled it on the dial up account. Still the same problem. I save the passwords, and they're gone as soon as I reboot.

Reid

I think I'll try the other method mentioned for the problem with OE on XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back