Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Passwords failed to Authenticate on Avaya Map/5P Intuity Audix Voicemail system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird Scrambler

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
GB
Hello everyone

I'm not normally posting queries on thew Avaya forum and I'm hoping that I'm on the correct section to ask about the problem?.

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to assist me with a problem that a friend of mine is having with trying to resolve a corrupted password on a voicemail system which is an Avaya Map/5P Intuity Audix running on a Unix System V Release 4.2 Version 1 platform with UNIXware 2.1.3 - All Admin Passwords failed to Authenticate, root, tsc, craft, sa & vm

I hoping that someone will be able to let us know if there is a way to recover the lost/corrupted root password with a bootable floppy or CD, or any other method that works please?.

We do have a test system to "play" with as we would rather test it out and know it works before we attempt it on the live one that has the problem.

Many thanks

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back