Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password to connect clients to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

racrbilly67

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2007
US
OK well I have 1 dedicated server running Microsoft Windows 2000 server I believe. I have 5 other computers all running XP professional. When the other computers try to run an application on the dedicated server before the application starts there is a log in box that asks you to connect to the server with the username and password. That works fine the thing is I don't want this to happen any more. I just want it to connect once and never have to need a password again or just get rid of the password box altogether its not like we need one because it is all wired and only one computer is on the internet and that is on dial-up. The internet goes straight to that computer not to the Switch. Thanks in advance for the help.

This is a Windows issue, has nothing to do with Dell...

Sorry I reposted in the correct forum. It is a Dell server so that is why I thought it was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back