Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password reset problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fs1

Technical User
Jul 22, 2002
US
Hi,

I want to change my network password, but it won't allow me, saying that I do not have permissions. Is there a key I could edit in the registry that would allow me to change it? Thanks.

If you have Admin rights, sign on under Administrator and change passwords there.

Bob B-)

Remember, if you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them! [medal]

Maybe you haven't exceeded the minimum password age defined by the group policy? If you do not have admin rights over AD, have the domain admin reset it or if you have a "help desk" they should be able to do it.

Joey
CCNA, MCP, A+, Network+, Wireless#

Check the setting in the Management Console for you User. It may be a management decision?

User cannot change password check box.

Specifies whether the user cannot change the assigned password. This option is usually selected only for accounts that are used by more than one person, such as the Guest account. This setting has no effect on members of the Administrators group (local).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back