Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

password required again and again and again...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxus

Programmer
Mar 29, 2002
DK
When trying to upload a web, the program just continue to demand username and password - though the given data is correct?

When I've seen this problem it often means that the server's FrontPage Server Extensions (FPSE) are not updated. It requires a "Windows Update" from Microsoft on the server and then it's rebooted.

Or it could be that the FPSE are just borked. What we've done is delete the folder on the server, create anew, setup IIS as needed with FPSE and republish. Dave [idea]
[]

I've had the same problems with FP on my computers at home (even thought they work on the computers at work). Is that the case with you...can you log on elsewhere?

Yeah, using the front page uploader has been nothing but crap for me. I simply copy and paste all my webs to their servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back