Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

password recovery for ASA5510?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geranimo666

Technical User
Sep 19, 2006
US
Hello all-

I am a new systems guy for a company in which their older admin has changes some things around.

I was able to recover the pw and change it on the company's router.. but now due to further discovery, I noticed that no one knows the firewall ID and password this is an ASA5510..

Is there a url link for this process such the one I used to recover the cisco 3600 router password?

thanks for any support
geranimo

Brent-

It looks as though this company is facing more of the same.. I could post this in the switch forum but I'll try here since it relates to "password recovery".. Their 3948 switches are facing the same.. tried the id and passwords provided and those don't work either. so I humbly ask if there is a white paper for this also or am I out of luck

there are no vlans on this switch, everyone can traverse to all networks.. it's just one switch.
thanks for any info

geranimo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back