Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password protection on DDF file

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjRobe1

Technical User
Oct 12, 2007
GB
Hi, total newbie here to Pervasive, Crystal Reports and this forum. I have inherited support for an application running on pervasive which I want to use Crystal reports to get some data out of. However, when I try to pick a file in the DDF directory to select fields from for my reports I get a Btrieve [51]: Invalid Owner error message followed by a request for a password.

I was advised to copy the DDF directory to a local drive on my pc and then use that to select the DDF file from in Crystal but I still get the same problem. Does anyone have a tip on how I can circuumvent this ownership issue please?

regards,
DJ

The way around this is to enter the password for the DDFs. Sounds like this is a third party application and they may have enabled security on the database. You should use the user name / password for the database.
Trying to reverse engineer the password is not something people will help with.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Mirtheil,
Many thanks, I thought the answer might be along those lines, you are correct that it is a 3rd party application running on the pervasie db, however, the analyst who installed it in the first place has since left the company and take the password with them.

However, I will go back to the soriginal software vendor and ask them for a copy of the files which I will be able to use as the basis for crystal reporting.

Thanks again.

DJ

What is the application?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back