Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

password protect a page

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevergiveup01

Programmer
Nov 18, 2008
US
in asp.net i have an admin page i want to password protect..so when the user clicks the admin link a simple password prompt pops up.. if the password is incorrect the link does not work. i know a little vb but i do not know c#..can you help?

Thanks!
Cheryl

why not use windows permissions?
just deny anon access to the file and grant only to the users you want with in windows

akalinowski

MCSE 2000, A+, N+, LCP, CNE

Thanks but this is for a school project and I need to know to write the VB code that once the link is clicked a pop box ask for a passord ( hardcoded back in ) and if the password is not correct the link fails.. Please help

Thanks,
Cheryl

Ok, I'm not going to do your homework for you but will suggest you look at using a javascript "confirm" on the client side.

Smeat

Please read the rules for these forums. They are not intended for homework assignments.

My class only meets once a week and my teacher suggest using online forums for help..I'm a professional DBA but no little about ASP.net.. I do have books but they are not covering my questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back