Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Password on VAL board messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxer

Programmer
Feb 20, 2004
US
Hello:

Is there a way to password protect messages on a VAL board? I know I am able to protect the message from being deleted or overwritten but on those messages that are unprotected and free for anyone to access I would like to use a password before the user is able to do a recording or delete a VAL board message.

Thank you

Only selected few should have the capability to change announcements. Check your class of service (COS) and make that only you or the person responsible for recording announcements have "console permissions" set to yes.

With the VAL software, although you specify the login ID and password to be used, I cannot find any type of "manual login" setting like ASA has. Do you have VAL loaded on individual PC's, or at a central location?

Susan
[sub]You have all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulgar manner.[/sub]
[sup]Aristophanes, 424 B.C.[/sup]

[sup]Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.

Hello:

The VAL software is not loaded on any stations. Users pick up a phone which has the correct COR, and dial the unprotected announcement number to record, listen or delete.

How many people have access to the FAC for changing announcements? If you're having a problem with announcements being changed without proper access, you might want to consider removing the FAC code and only putting it in place when requested to by an authorized user.

Teh only other idea I have is to limit the locations of telephones with console permissions, and to put those behind locked doors, etc.

Susan
[sub]You have all the characteristics of a popular politician: a horrible voice, bad breeding, and a vulgar manner.[/sub]
[sup]Aristophanes, 424 B.C.[/sup]

[sup]Lex clavatoris designati rescindenda est.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back